Clubhouse & Pool Rental
The RMRA clubhouse is available for rental by any resident of the Running Man Community or surrounding communities if approved by the clubhouse manager. The pool is ONLY available for rental by members of the RMRA.
Rental Fee Schedule
Email For Check Drop-Off
First 4 hours (minimum)......$75
Check made out to RMRA.
First 4 hours (minimum)...................$300
Check made out to RMRA.
Security and cleaning deposit........$300
Deposit required for ALL renters. Check will be voided (not returned) once clubhouse has been checked by Manager.
Check made out to RMRA.
Pool is rented to RMRA members only and cannot be rented during normal operating hours. Clubhouse rental is also required.
First 2 hours (minimum)..................$180
Check made out to Clearwater Pools.
Non-member guests: $2 each
Guest fees apply to ALL parties and will be subtracted from your deposit if not paid in advance. A list of non-member guests should be provided to Manager no later than the day of the event.
Check made out to RMRA.
Security and cleaning deposit.................. Included in the security and cleaning deposit of the clubhouse rental.
The minimum rental period for the clubhouse is 4 hours.
The minimum rental period for the pool is 2 hours.
Two lifeguards are included in the cost of the pool rental.
Cancellations made two (2) weeks or more prior to the event will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than two (2) weeks prior to the event will be charged $60 unless a replacement event is scheduled. (Pool Manager reserves the right to charge the renter if a pool party is cancelled with less than 2 weeks' notice.)
The pool CANNOT be rented during normal pool hours. HOWEVER: MEMBERS WISHING TO HAVE A POOL PARTY OR ANY OTHER ORGANIZED GROUP GATHERING/EVENT DURING NORMAL POOL HOURS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY GUEST FEES AS WELL AS ANY ADDED LIFEGUARD FEES AS A RESULT OF INCREASED POOL GUESTS. APPROVAL BY CLUBHOUSE MANAGER AND POOL MANAGER IS REQUIRED.
General Rules & Regulations
1. Availability: Running Man Recreation Association (RMRA) members, in good standing, Running Man residents (homeowners/renters), and surrounding communities of Running Man (henceforth known as Applicant) are permitted to rent the clubhouse for private functions during open dates on the Clubhouse/Pool Activity Calendar (CAC). The pool is only available for rent by members of the RMRA. Any date is considered "open" until either:
The RMRA sponsors an event.
An Applicant has submitted and been approved for said date. If Applicant's name is "penciled in", that date is not guaranteed until the application has been received and approved by the RMRA Clubhouse Manager(s) (henceforth known as "the Manager").
2. Priority: All RMRA events will be entered on the calendar first and shall have priority over rental functions. Rentals will then be placed on the calendar on a first come, first serve basis (for available dates) upon receipt by the Manager of the Rental Fee plus Cleaning and Security Deposits. Organizations within Running Man who would like to use the clubhouse will have secondary priority to paid renters. If the organization wants to keep their scheduled rental once a paid rental has been received, they will be required to pay the rental amount.
3. Application: Pool renters will be required to contact Clearwater Pools to obtain available dates and complete required paperwork. A completed application must be received for rental approval. Applications must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the function to be considered. Exceptions may be allowed at the discretion of the Manager. Members may apply six (6) months in advance of their event, non-members no more than three (3) months. No pool rentals will be accepted after August 15 unless first approved by the Pool Management Company.
4. Liability: The Manager must have on file a current "Release of Liability" form for any person who submits an application. All applicants agree to hold the RMRA harmless for any and all damages apparent or perceived to said applicant and his/her guests and belongings on the premises. All applicants are responsible for their guests and their conduct. Any personal injury incurred during the usage of the clubhouse and/or pool is the sole responsibility of the Applicant renting the facilities at the time of the incident.
5. Fees: The clubhouse and pool rental fees shall be determined and approved by the RMRA Board of Directors (see Rental Fee Schedule).
6. Set-Up: For planning purposes, the clubhouse has eight rectangular banquet tables (one-3'x8', seven-3'x6'), 56 folding chairs, and a capacity of 80. The Applicant MUST BE in attendance any time the facilities are open for their event. NO DECORATIONS, POSTERS, PICTURES, ETC. SHALL BE ATTACHED TO THE WALLS. Members who rent for non-member functions will have $110 subtracted from their deposit check.
7. Hours: Functions may not be scheduled to continue past 1:00 a.m. The Manager must approve any event that needs additional time.
8. Alcohol: At adult events, alcoholic beverages may only be served to persons 21 years of age or older. All local, state, and federal regulations apply to these events and the Applicant is solely responsible for the compliance of such rules regarding the service of alcohol. This shall include any special permits that are required for such an event. If additional paperwork/licenses are required to have alcohol at an event, it is the renter’s responsibility to complete and pay for these items. If you are hosting an event where alcohol is being served you need to apply for a one day license through ABC. Please go to http://vaabc.com/apply-online/one-day-license-services-n.
9. Signs: Please abide by the Running Man Community Association (RMCA) rules concerning signs. You may place two signs advertising your event on the pool grounds. Signs can be up to 2 feet by 3 feet in size. Please remove your signs at the end of your event. Signs may not be placed in the median or at the entrances to the Running Man subdivision.
10. Other Rules:
The sale of all food, beverages, or any other item sold on the premises must be approved by the Manager and will result in a For-Profit Rental status.
Wedding receptions are restricted to tossing birdseed in lieu of rice, confetti, or flowers.
The RMRA is not responsible under any circumstances for the personal property of the Applicant or his/her guests.
Clubhouse events are restricted to a maximum of 100 persons (York County Fire Marshall regulations.)
There shall be NO SMOKING in or about the clubhouse.
11. Denial of Use: The Manager or Board may deny use of the clubhouse or pool to any Applicant when such action is considered to be in the best interest of the RMRA. Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations may result in forfeiture of security deposit, and/or loss of the use of the clubhouse/pool, and/or loss of RMRA Membership, in addition to legal action if warranted.
Specific Rules and Regulations regarding youth events:
1. Chaperones: Rental functions for children, teenagers, and young adults must be properly chaperoned. One chaperone is required for every 12 guests under the age of 21. The required number of chaperones must be present at all times during the event and must remain until the guests have departed the building and grounds. The Applicant must be present at all times during this event.
2. Arrival/Departure: Guests at chaperoned functions are not permitted to leave the function and return later. Chaperones are expected to monitor the arrival and departure of guests.
3. Alcohol: NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES of any kind are allowed at youth events.
1. Payment: Two checks (made out to RMRA) must be submitted with the application before approval and placement on the Clubhouse Calendar. These are:
Security and Cleaning Deposit of $300
Rental Fee (Rental Fee Schedule is listed under Part D.)
Note: Applicant liability is not limited to the amount of the deposit but will extend to any and all damages that occur as a result of the rental.
2. Applicant Responsibilities:
Applicants renting the clubhouse and/or pool must assume all responsibilities for the event, including making the arrangements for the use of the facilities, arranging for entry to the facilities, being present throughout the event to maintain order and safety, and handling cleanup operations. These responsibilities cannot be passed to anyone else.
The Applicant has total responsibility for maintaining order and safety and for helping guests throughout. This includes apprising guests of the clubhouse and pool rules and the requiring of those who will not obey the rules, or who are abusive to other guests or the facilities, to leave.
3. Event Period: Guests can be present only during the hours approved on the application. Two hours before the event for set-up and one hour after for cleanup are included in the clubhouse rental fee. Additional time must be paid for.
4. Cleanup Requirements: Immediately after the event, cleanup must include both outside and inside areas (see Cleanup Checklist at the bottom of this document). It is the responsibility of the Applicant to dispose of garbage. It is not to be left in the clubhouse or pool area. Food or drink spills must be cleaned up immediately to prevent damage from occurring. In the event that the clubhouse or pool area is not clean, a cleaning service will be hired. The Applicant will be charged for this fee through the Cleaning and/or Security Deposit(s). The Clubhouse Manager reserves the right to check the clubhouse for cleanliness anytime between the end of one rental and the start of the next. Check out does not have to occur the same day as the rental.
5. Deposit Return: The Applicant's Cleaning and Security Deposits will be refunded after the Manager verifies at the post-event walkthrough that the clubhouse/pool is left in "rentable condition." If any fees need to be subtracted from the deposit check the Clubhouse Manager can choose to contact the Applicant and allow them to fix issues or contact a cleaning company and subtract the difference from the Applicant’s deposit. If the Applicant desires a picture of the voided check, it can be sent to their cell phone by request.
Clubhouse Cleanup and Closing Checklist
Per your rental agreement, the clubhouse must be left in a “Rentable Condition”:
Stove and oven are OFF. Stove, oven and microwave cleaned inside and out (spills in oven and microwave wiped up and all drip pans cleaned).
Refrigerator and freezer empty of anything you brought, spills cleaned up.
Kitchen counters and sink wiped down with cleaning sprays.
All trash bins should be emptied and trash bags replaced (provided).
Main room cleaned and swept and/or dust mopped. Failure to do so will require $100 to be deducted from your cleaning deposit.
Tables returned to original position, chairs folded and placed in the back room.
BATHROOMS CLEANED, (toilets, sinks, counters, mirrors), floors swept and mopped/wiped up, and all trash cans emptied and liners replaced. Refill soap dispensers if necessary.
Replenish toilet paper and paper towels if empty. (During pool season lifeguards will do this)
Kitchen AND bathroom trash cans should be emptied. Insert new trash liners (provided) in trash cans. Small bags under kitchen sink should be used in bathrooms.
Inside doors to bathrooms locked (prevents pool patrons from entering clubhouse).
All pool deck side doors locked (bathrooms and French doors). Please be certain that the pins are secure in the floor/doorjamb for the French doors, and the pocket door in the kitchen is secure.
All windows should be closed and locked.
Thermostat set to 68 degrees in winter (heat on) or 78 degrees in summer (air conditioning on).
Turn off all lights except corner flood light on front of clubhouse (switch near the front door is marked).
*If you request usage of the TV, you are responsible for the remote for the TV as well. If the remote is lost, you will be charged $25 and if the TV is damaged you will be charged the cost to repair or replace.
Pool Cleanup and Closing Checklist
Pool renters are responsible for cleanup in ALL pool areas, INCLUDING BATHROOMS:
Pool, pool deck, and the surrounding grounds must be cleared of trash, toys and any other guest and pool items. ALL TRASH MUST BE PICKED UP AND EMPTIED!
Poolside tables and all chairs should be returned to their original positions. Place lounge chair backs down as high winds with thunderstorms can blow chairs into the pool.
BATHROOMS MUST BE CLEANED, including wet floors mopped/wiped up, trash cans emptied (including girls' bathroom stall) & liners replaced, sinks wiped down, and both doors locked!
*The RMRA lifeguards are responsible for turning off pool lights and locking the gate to the pool at the end of the pool rental period.