top of page

HOA Dues

The annual Running Man Community Association dues is due and payable by January 1, 2024 and will be considered delinquent if not paid by January 31 each year.

Dues (for 2024): $220.00 per house or lot owned. 


Please mail your dues to: 

Running Man Community Association
P.O. Box 2114 
Poquoson, VA 23662 


Be sure to include your Running Man street address on the check to ensure proper credit of your account. Failure to pay your assessment in full by the deadline may result in your account being turned over to our attorney for collections. The initial charges for the demand letter from the attorney will be $192 in addition to your dues. Legal fees and costs shall continue to accrue as additional collection efforts are made until such amount is paid in full.

What do my dues cover?

Just a few examples: median upkeep, playground upkeep, neighborhood entrances, common areas, security cameras, the RMCA attorney, pond maintenance.

At the annual meeting, we present the annual budget and discuss it.  If you have any questions regarding the RMCA budget, please feel free to contact the treasurer or attend any monthly meeting, usually at the clubhouse on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. For exact dates and times, check our calendar. 

What happens to dues when my house is sold?

At the time of sale to the new owner or a transfer of property from one owner to another, the attorney should consider the amount of dues that were paid and based on the fact that they are due each January, prorate that between the two parties at time of closing.


RMCA does not refund any dues. That is a matter between the selling and buying parties via the closing settlement. You need to discuss that with your closing attorney. All lots in Running Man are paid for the year and new assessments become due each January and must be paid by January 31 of each year for a full year by the then current owner to avoid any late charges, legal actions or liens. Your closing official should be able to calculate the difference in prorating depending on the two dates considered for closing. 

What if I rent out my house?

If you move out of Running Man but are renting your house, you'll need to send a change of address to Running Man Community Association to ensure that you don't get any late charges, legal actions, or liens on your property. Please send your new mailing address to:

Running Man Community Association, Inc
P.O. Box 2114
Poquoson, Virginia 23662

bottom of page